Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Trainmates

I was going from Baypoint to San Francisco A'port by Caltrain alone.
I purchased the ticket through their automatic ticket vending machine.
Then entered the Caltrain which reached at the exact designated time.
I sat on one of the many available seats of the sparsely commuted train.
The one hour journey was 'super exciting' - no noise , identical green trees / identical buildings on both sides and no faces.

Some years ago...
I went to Deccan Queen alone.
ALONE...if you refuse to acknowledge the presence of the old man who was loudly playing "Ankhon main kya ji" from Nau do Gyarah and the beggar who was supposed to be blind asked him to reduce the volume cos it was interfering with the 'Baazigar ohh...Bazigaar' he was singing(????). And the world outside my window would show me some morning chores so that I really appreciate the beauty when I reach Lonavla station from the Deccan Queen pantry where I am playing the challenging game of 'Longest Stay in Minimum Money' with the waiter.And then the commuters will actually get down on the station out to buy Vadas at Karjat and get back in the train ONLY AFTER IT STARTS MOVING.

Certainly not ALONE , I remmemeber Raju getting a Vada for old lady next to her and sweetly calling her 'aaji'. Here , I havent even seen a real grandson around their elders. Where are they ?

P.S. - My aplogies for missing out the 'Cold Drink' wala and the Hairpin seller.

(strangely , my memory associates hairpin sellers with Trains)

P.P.S. - For those who guys who hadnt heared from Raju , he has said 'hey'.

No comments: