Friday, September 10, 2004

First Taste

At some places...Popular food might not impress a epicurean ; rather displease him.

I happen to have breakfast & lunch at one such place.

[Venue : One more diet conscious location]

"Food is good today"

"Haha".Methinks it was a nice sarci but the way he was savoring on the completely bland fried chicken made me realise he was serious.His confused look at my laughter confirmed my doubt.I excused myself from the table under the pretext of coffee.

I was thanking my stars for giving me a house on the busiest roads of Pune City ; that made me easily adjust to my sojourn in San Jose City which was a 'Rail platform'. I boast of a rail facing apartment - a VTA train passes 70 feet from out house at a frequency of 30 minutes.(When you are sleeping , it feels like 10 secs).That's why the coffee was a necessity for my roomie ; I was just giving him company(read as reason to escape a Foot in the Mouth situation)

I put two spoons of sugar into the coffee and on my way took a sip....urghhh!

Another spoon...still not sweet!

Two more...by this time my glass was heavy.

Next morning shifted to a 35 mg sodium , 42 g Total Carb , 42 g Sugars 12 FL OZ drink.

And I thought we had to focus on the taste.

Yup , I tried cooking. I am pathetic. My roomie agrees.

P.S. - Ya , my roomie cooks.

P.P.S. - A spoonful of sugar ???? Sorry Mary Poppins.

No comments: