Thursday, September 30, 2004

Finally

Finally it happened.
While most of my friends were doing it I had inhibtions about taking the plunge.
Circumstances were most favourable and I enjoyed procrastinating untill yesterday ; Now that I have done it once , I would say that I have overcome all my fears and await consequences that follow.

Yesterday , I woke up to the 7:30am light train which passed Gish Station.
I wouldnt have been suprised if I just missed the train or an officer caught me for crossing the tracks, but I got it on time.

"Hmmm...Whats up??" I asked myself.Pondering thoughts always start with a 'Hmm'.

I reached the Cisco office and asked the receptionist for a Visitors pass as I always did.

She made a typo - 'Kapil Mystery'.I forgave her.

I reached office and as we were about to start , I started feeling dizzy.

"Hmmm...
-What did I have in the morning ? Nopes , the normal juice and sandwich (this is because coffee takes time and simply aint worth the effort which I put it in mixing the contents in the right proportion).
-I cant be pregnant.
-I didnt drink (Or did I)
-I wont fake dizziness cos Mom aint around and I am not in 1st standard and am okie with going to school."

The table appeared to move ;Another symptomn of dizziness...or was it an earthquake?

The Richter Scale gave it a 5.8 and we ran out of the building leaving my laptop and cellphone in the room.Phew...So this is what was to happen.The meeting continued... with detailed discussions about work interrupted by very personal descriptions of their 15 seconds with the earthquake.The earthquake had done no damage , but most people have a habit to come up with dramatic experiences in their daily conversation for the rest of the day ; Others write blogs.

As I walked back to office feeling relieved about the feeling , I still thought it wasnt over.

I reached the apartment and found Vipul sleeping at 7:15 pm.

"Hey , Vipul...are you okie?"

"Nahi yaar , bukhar hain"(please assume vipuls cloying lucknowi hindi)

"Ohh..crocin liya kya?"(please assume my pune marathish hindi accent)

"Nahi bbe"

"Ohh.tu sooja , main crocin deta hoon"

"Thanks yaar"

Okie. Vipul is asleep and even I felt I should sleep early.I had no clue about the feeling untill I crossed the kitchen and the omen , finally uncovered itself.

I WAS GOING TO COOK IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CONSUMED BY ME AND MORE IMPORTANTLY BY THE SICK MAN IN THE ROOM WHO CONFESSED THAT HE WOULD PREFER HOT INDIAN FOOD.I COULDNT EVEN GO OUT NOW !!

Thanks to the running commentary by a considerate friend , I managed to make complete indian dinner including Dal , Rice , bhaji and poli.(More details in the blog later)

I want to thank God , my parents , my friend and Vipul who appreciated the food.

P.S. - Now since my mom knows I have some idea of cooking , I might be blackmailed for getting some things done.

No comments: