Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Workaround

"Hey , Congrats on your engagement!" I exclaimed.

"Thank You...but you know what I didn't get engaged" Nylie said.

Deja Vu...this wasn't new! I am so familiar with this feeling that not only did I contrive 'FOOT IN THE MOUTH Syndrome' after such follies but the other day I felt 'out of place' when someone mailed the full Surprise Party Plan to the Birthday Boy.Why does this happen to me? Why do I forget to wish the hundered times people REALLY get engaged ? Thank God I didnt get her flowers !!

"I am really sorry !"

As I was about to turn around to go to my Yahoo Messenger to remove her from my chat list (It was time to get deleted from the chat list) she exclaimed...

"Instead I got married "

"What ???" (One more to the long list)

After the hoooo , wooooow & superb with a few exclamations...We turned to the inevitable - No it is not Party Time. We are looking at wedding snaps. I swear to God , that people have given me two identical snaps consecutively as two different photographs and yet they gaze in admiration at the beauty of both and expect me to follow. Digital Cameras have'nt made things easier for me.

"Is'nt this a Church wedding? "

"Yes"

"I didn't know Adi was Christian"

She looked at me.

Dear God , His name is not Adi, is it? I was back...Time to get deleted from the chat list.

"Adi is not Christian but we had to get married."

"Why?"

"So that I get my dependent H4 Visa and he wont have to wait till his next trip to India."

"Great Nylie ! So your folks came there ? "

"No "

"Ohhh...too bad you made them miss the wedding"

"Er...hmm...Actually they don't have an idea"

"SAY THAT AGAIN...". Eyes can actually pop out if you are in extreme shock.

"Are they opposed to it? Did you just elope?" I tried to come up with possibilities in my mind.

"No. They just wanted to postpone the date so that Adi's sister can get married first"

"Ohhh..but that could take long , right ? I mean finding the right guy could take time."

"Noooooo ,Adi's elder sister's fiance is waiting for his sister to get married "

Just to prove my programming background & to make the conversation short and less confusing ,

"What is the loop length of this one ?"

"Meaning...?"

"Does Adi's sister's fiance's sister have a fiance who is waiting for his sister to get married and so on...?"

Nylies face was BLANK.
(And they say 10 dimensions from String theory are difficult to perceive)

"I dont know. I wish Adi's sister gets married soon" She said.

Yeah rite !! You think Adi's sister is not married. You are married and in most probability she is. For all you know everyone must be married. To avoid my coronation as King of FMS...I keep these things to myself.

"Anyways , I always wanted to elope"

The above statement didn't surprise me.

'Strange are the wishes of a bride-to-be in matrimony'.

Nylie wasn't the first person who wanted to elope despite society's approval.I have a friend who wants to get married only if there are chandeliers in the wedding hall and another who did want to get married because her swimming lessons weren't over by then.(They were supposed to have a beach side Honeymoon).This behaviour is predominantly a part of the fairer sex ;just like the cryptic , obsession for matching sweater colours. (They have to match the top they are wearing...WHY??? If I am convinced with any answer to the above , I'll watch 2305 wedding snaps of the lady...each with a satisfying intensity & interest)

Well, coming back to workarounds which is the topic of the blog....

Grooms ,There is always a workaround to get your best girl with you.

But then someone also said the penalty for getting the best girl is that you keep her afterwards. (These are not my views)

TO Adi's sister's fiance's sister's Fiance:
Find a workaround soon...there are treats pending here.
Please dont tell me you are already married

No comments: